Cord Blood

Informative facts and unbiased information on cord blood banking.
Breast Cancer Ribbon

Lymphoma and you.

posted by:

 The lymph system is made up of many cells and organs, including the lymph nodes, spleen, thymus gland, and liver. Lymphoma is the proper term for cancer in the lymph system. The Lymph system produces "B-Cells" and "T-Cells," the cells that make up your body’s immune system. Since these cells move between the lymphatic and circulatory system while fighting infections and viruses, lymphomas are blood-related cancers.

There are two types of Lymphomas:

  • Hodgkin's Lymphoma 
  • Non-hodgkin's Lymphomas (NHL)
T-Cell lymphomas make up 20% of lymphomas, NHL would bring up the other 80%.

Signs and Symptoms:
  • swollen lymph nodes in the neck, armpit, or groin; usually painless
  • fever and/or night sweats
  • unexplained weight loss
  • fatigue
  • chest pain
  • loss of appetite is less common symptom of some more aggressive lymphomas of the GI tract
These are pretty general symptoms and I wouldn't be alarmed. Looking at that list, maybe I have it? If you think you have Hodgkin's disease you should be looked at by a doctor, there are no identifying flags that point at Lymphoma as symptoms.


Comments are closed.